Sunday, June 26, 2005

geeky Where's George update

Some interesting hits I've gotten recently:

  • I spent this bill at the Ithaca Festival to buy some artwork from one of the local artists who was there selling stuff. She hit the bill! Of course, she thought she picked it up at a different festival (and I suppose it is within the realm of possibility that, after she got the bill from me, she spent it somewhere and it ended up back in her hands at the other festival - but, hello Occam's Razor, it's more likely she just didn't notice the marked bill in her cashbox until after the Buffalo festival. She was, after all, pretty distracted when I paid her). I should mention that her name is Meghan Kennedy, and here is her website. Her stuff is pretty bitchin'. I don't even think she's got the best of it up on the website yet, and of course the colors on your monitor don't do her colors justice.
  • My 1978th individual bill to get a hit!
  • It's been a while, but I finally got another 5-hitter! According to my YB report, it's my 6th - I was thinking it was like, my 4th or something (which tells you how long it's been since I got a new one of these things). Based on the user note, it's probably not going to go on to be my 2nd 6-hitter, but you can never rely on what people say in their user notes. I've had the whole "I'm not going to spend this bill ever, hahaha!" thing before, and that bill went on to get two more hits. Back to the bill at hand - another reason not to trust the user note is that, dude's dumb enough to ask a real question in his user note, but then not register for the site, so there's no way to get him an answer. Like, hello, you sorta missed the point. We'd have been happy to answer your question about the pyramid thing, but since you didn't register, we have no way to reach you. Oops, sorry. I think we need to add the term "loser note" (or "luser note") to the Encyclopaedia Georgetannica, just to describe notes like these.


That's it for now. The only thing I can think to add is that I didn't get any hits at all yesterday, so I'd like to nag the hit gods here. No clue if an off-forum nag will work, but I'm giving it a shot, anyway.