Sunday, June 26, 2005

a load of links

(Or, "what I've been browsing lately.")

Got this link from one of the recent TMBG newsletters: Giant Battle Monsters. It's some pretty decent mindless fun. Also a helpful decision-making aid, if you're choosing between two options. Type one option in one side, the other in the other, set them to battle, and presto! Your decision is made. Don't know if you want pizza or Chinese for dinner? Battle! Pizza wins! Call Dorian's!

Here's another one of those patterns that it seems like everyone's doing nowadays (like the Rogue hoodie or Nothin' But a T-shirt or the damn Clapotis from Knitty), which I'm sure I'll end up doing because I am a herd-follower like that (witness, this blog): the Ribby Cardi from ChicKnits. It looks like a garment that, if I ever managed to finish it, would get a lot of wear. That "if" is a pretty big one, tho'.

Apparently these patterns from a yarn company that went under will be heading the same way as the company soon. If you see any you like, download 'em before September 1, 2005!

To the Best of Our Knowledge is a great NPR show, and I especially liked one of their recent episodes: Kid Cool, about the burgeoning phenomenon of adults who refuse to grow up. Sounds like me, right? Well, sort of. I think there's a difference between retaining one's youthful demeanor and outlook and appreciation for cartoons and sugary cereal, and refusing to acknowledge any maturity and responsibility. One has to strike the right balance. At any rate, it's an issue I like to ponder.

Some evidence of how big a nasty bitch Ann Coulter is (as if we really needed any more), from the pretty neat-o site Slang City.

Jonesing for some weird regional soda from back home which you simply can't find where you currently reside? Try sodafinder.com. Now, if they could only ship me a Moon Pie with my RC Cola... well, I'd be able to just slip right into diabetic coma bliss.

Hmm. There's more, but I'm trying to keep my posts on the shorter side, so I'll stop here for now.

Now Playing: "Sweet Little Bluebird" ~ Grey DeLisle