Thursday, June 30, 2005

they're not ionic, but they'll do

Well. If you've been here before today, you might notice some things look different now. I finally - finally! - got the three-column layout I'd been hoping for since about day one. It took me forever to find the one tiny scrap of information I needed to get the right column all the way to the right, and then I had to tinker to get the middle content column centered between the other two... Anyway, I couldn't have done it without Elizabeth Castro's HTML for the World Wide Web, Fifth Edition (linked in my new "what I'm reading offline" section), which my DH conveniently had on his bookshelf.

I also switched my comments over from the standard blogger comment system to HaloScan comments, on the recommendation of one of my blogging knitbuds. As a result, the two (count 'em, two!) comments I have already received aren't linked as comments anymore... but I'm planning on editing the post to which they were attached and adding a link to them.

Oh, and I did just discover, while checking the blog on another computer, that my archives are all wonky, and my comment boxes aren't formatted. *sigh* A blogger's work is never done, huh? Well, I guess if you're cruising around the blog in the next few days and you come across something that looks wonky, or a link that doesn't work, just leave me a comment here (using the still-ugly, I know, comment box) and I'll try to fix it.

In the meantime, I have more links to post and stuff I want to babble about, but I think I need to give that stuff its own entry.