Thursday, November 03, 2005

sick.

As in, I am sick. Whatever it is, I think I caught it from Bean, since she wasn't feeling well when we went over to have dinner with them on Sunday (side note: I need a good nom de blog for my brother-in-law. Suggestions welcome). My throat hurts, my neck and shoulders are sore, my head is all stuffed up... Guh. I feel like crap.

If I had to be sick, tho', now was the best possible time for it to happen. I just finished taking my two big tests, one of my classes was cancelled today (which was the only thing that convinced me to drag myself out of bed and onto the bus this morning), and there's no class tomorrow because it's Eid Ul-Fitr. Yay! I'm not religious, but I'll take any excuse for a holiday.

Plus, my first class is cancelled on Monday, so I can ease out of the weekend, too. But I do have to work on Saturday and Sunday, so I'm not planning on doing anything tomorrow except sleep (a lot), surf the 'net, and knit (of course). With any luck, a total veg-day tomorrow will have me feeling much better by the time 6 a.m. on Saturday rolls around. If I'm not feeling better... I hate to call in Saturday morning, because it's not like they really have anyone they can get in on short notice on the weekend. But I don't want to call in tomorrow, either, because what if I am feeling better by Saturday? I would have missed a weekend's worth of work for nothing. And since I only work every other weekend as it is, I hate to miss any time at all.

Ah, whatever. Today was a relaxing slack-off day, and tomorrow will be even better. Even the weather has decided to cooperate (seriously, did someone switch October and November when we weren't looking? It was gorgeous out today, whereas last month was totally crappy). And I wore my new Born boots today (which I got for half off at DSW, baby!), and they were just awesomely comfy. If I weren't sick, life would be about as faboo as it gets.