Monday, December 05, 2005

B-I-N-G-O!

It happened today, after 5 years, 8 months, and 11 days of waiting.

I finally got 50-State Bingo on Where's George!!!!!

Here is the hit. My last state to fall was, of course, South Dakota. I totally owe a shout-out to Bean's mom for taking that bill out there for me.

It's funny - I'd been anticipating this day for so long, I figured I'd go totally nuts when it came. But right now, what with it being the end of the semester, and me all stressed out with school, with all this stuff I have to do NOWNOWNOW, and trying to figure out where the hell my life is going, and whether I need to make a serious change in course, and then being heinously sick (again!) on top of all that... I figured I'd be engaging in wild Bacchanalian celebration, but about all I could muster was to stop crying about how hopeless everything seems (as I've begun to do at least once every few days now) and send a few celebratory e-mails (and write this post).

I was also planning, weeks ago, to do a quickie overview post for some of the neat hits I've gotten in the past few weeks (or months, as the case is now). That's going to have to wait 'til the end of the semester, as will editing my WG profile, the maps contained therein, my Xinegirl county coloring book, and the template for this sorry site.

So anyway, if I'm reading 50-State Bingo list correctly, I'm the 243rd person known to get 50-State Bingo (out of roughly 15,600 serious Georgers), and the 9th person in NY to get it. Dang. That is so way cool. :) Hee. Happy! Yay!

For posterity, here's my stats from the top of my YB report today:

This Report is current as of: Dec-05-05 11:59 PM
  • You have entered 8,292 Bills worth $20,157

  • Bills with hits: 2,163 Total hits: 2,904

  • Hit rate: 26.09% Slugging Percentage: 35.02% (total hits/total bills)

  • George Score: 1,097.80

  • Your rank (based on George Score) is #485
    (out of 15,704 current users with a George Score. [96.9 Percentile])

  • Your State Rank in New York is: 19 out of 4,547 [99.6]


Alrighty. That's all the geekery for the time being. You folks who only want to read about knitting can come back now. Speaking of knitting, guess who I ran into in AC Moore today! Ms. Big Geek herself! I couldn't stop to chat, as I was already running late, and she looked like she was kind of in a hurry, too, but at least we got to say hello. *sigh* I miss my knitting buds. Damn school. :(