Saturday, January 14, 2006

am, too.

So when I went to join the Upstate NY Knitters webring started by my knitbud Susan, I checked on the other couple webrings I joined, the Say No to the Poncho webring and the Mini Knits webring (for knitters with Mini Coopers). I was a tad dismayed to discover that, on the Mini Knits ring, I'm no longer listed under "member sites" - rather, I've been moved into a section called "other sites of interest."

You know how, on cartoons, when a character is just about to cry and their eyes get really big and start to fill up with tears, and their lower lip sticks out in a quivering pout? Like this:
sad SpongeBob - Image hosting by TinyPic
Yeah, that was me when I saw that I wasn't counted as an "active member" of the ring anymore.

So what gives? Do I not talk about knitting enough? I try, but man, I knit so slowly that most of the time there's not much to talk about. I keep my projects sidebar (over there on the right) up to date. Ok, I mention projects in my recently completed projects section that aren't knitting things, but hey, knitting is far from the only crafty thing I like to do. But I'd say that, at least based on my shameful, shameful stash, I definitely qualify as a knitblogger.

Or is it that I don't talk about Lucy often enough? I did that one gigantic post about her back when I started the blog. Just like with knitting, there is just not that much to say about her on a daily basis. She is my cute little red car, and I love her to death. She just hit 40,000 miles on Thursday, on our way home from the outlet mall at Waterloo. Her theme for this winter has been her passenger side door handle freezing, so you can only open that door from the inside. That's probably not a good sign, especially since she is almost three and a half years old now, and no longer under warranty. (I am just waiting for that day - you know, when it's snowing and I am late to class and freaking out, and both her doors have frozen shut and no matter what I try, I can't get in.) I still need to get all her dents and dings straightened out (someday, when I have a lot of spare money lying around - donations gladly accepted), and she needs a good scrubbing, but even despite all that, she is beautiful and I love her.

So I don't know what's up with the Mini Knits webring and my site, but whatever. I am not going to write to anybody and complain, because, I dunno, I guess I have more important things to worry about. And I'm lazy. And I'm a doormat who usually can't be bothered to pipe up, even when I feel like I've been "roughly used." Eh, it's not that big a deal. I'm more puzzled by it than annoyed, really.