Saturday, January 28, 2006

did it again

It happened again. Yesterday was such a beautiful day - cold, but clear and bright and sunny. When I came home from school in the late afternoon and went into our kitchen, I noticed a strange yellow light filling our back room. What on earth was that bizarre light, I wondered. If you remember this post from a couple weeks ago, you will know what it was.

Yes, once again, I was spooked by sunlight. It had actually been so long since we had a nice, sunny day that I had forgotten how that back room lights up in the afternoon as the sun sets.

The other interesting event of yesterday was what my DH received in the mail: his diploma! He is officially a masters-degreed nerdy boy now. He is so nerdy, he's going to get the thing framed - unlike, say, me, who affixed my bachelor's degree to the fridge in my mom's house with Powerpuff Girls magnets (it is now in the cupboard in our dining room, along with our marriage certificate). I'm not even sure where my high school diploma is, and I worked way harder to get that thing than I did to get my college degree.

Well. I'm off to get my hair done in a few minutes - pictures tonight, if it turns out well!