Sunday, January 22, 2006

happy birthday, Jilly-Bean!

It's Bean's birthday today! She's... still younger than I am! Whooo!

As mentioned elsewhere, a bunch of us went out for dinner at Pastabilities last night to celebrate. I would love to post some pictures for you, but alas, the DH is not back with my laptop, yet, and I am too lazy to hook my camera up to his machine. It's a pity, too, because we all got some fabulous ambience-capturing pictures, and it's a shame to let them go unblogged.

The cool thing about dinner, besides the good food and lively companionship, was Andrea & Ted's kid Toby. I knew Toby was a good kid, but he was stunningly well-behaved all throughout the meal (especially considering he's like, not even 3 yet). I really hate kids, in general, but if they all behaved like Toby did last night, I'd have to rethink my curmudgeonly anti-child stance. I believe kids' behavior is determined, in large part, by parenting, so kudos to Andrea & Ted!

We did go to Elegant Needles beforehand, and I did buy yarn... for Bean, not for myself. I didn't lapse on the stash-busting (tho' I was so, so sorely tempted). I just bought some tiny 4" and 5" dpns for sock knitting which I have been wanting for a while - a set of 3.0mm aluminum Skacel's, and a set of 2.25mm/US1 Brittany birch needles. I've heard tell of breakage problems with the tiny Brittany's - I will, of course, let you all (all 5 of you reading this) know how I fare with them.

Man, I had more I wanted to post about, but... I'm just too tired. It's amazing how having to get up so early on weekends when I work really takes so much out of me. I am so old and feeble. Anyway, happy birthday (again!) to Bean - here's to many more!