Sunday, January 15, 2006

late, as usual

Casting about online tonight (tho' I really should have been asleep long ago - school starting the day after tomorrow, what? Whacked-out sleep schedule, huh?), I found a couple -along's that I would have liked to have joined, had I only known about them, oh, three weeks ago.

#1: The Stash-along from Knitter in Progress. I'm thinking I'm just going to pretend I'm in this one, and play along, anyway, because I'd already declared a mini-moratorium on yarn-buying after flashing my gigantic stash. I'm hoping to go longer than three months, tho'. Or rather, I'm hoping to measure my progress in FOs as opposed to months. I'm not allowed to buy any more yarn until I can fit all the yarn I've got into the bins I have (I bought another bin on clearance at Jo-ann's the other day, and I still have overflow yarn. It's obscene). Like I said, I've got projects in mind for most of that stash - I will post a partial list soon.

#2: The ABC-along from How the West Was Spun (more details here and here). Basically, you take a picture of something every two weeks and post about its significance to you on your blog. Each fortnight's object should begin with a subsequent letter of the alphabet. For example, sometime between January 1 and 14, post a picture you've taken of something that begins with an A (aardvarks, for instance) and explain what it means to you. From January 15-28, post a picture of something that starts with B, and so on. Not that I would have time to do this every fortnight for a year, but I absolutely love the idea. Someday. Someday!