Monday, January 16, 2006

an obscure reference

As you might have noticed, I changed my profile pic. This one looks even less like me, but ardent fans of John Singer Sargent will understand why I chose it.

While I'm on the subject of obscure things, here are three somewhat esoteric songs I've had pop into my head recently, leading me to google them:
  • "Don Gato" (traditional - it's a kids' song, we sang it in music class in elementary school, and I loved it. I had forgotten most of the words, tho'. Thank goodness for the internet.)

  • "This is Ponderous" by 2NU (this one was a moderate radio hit when I was in like, 7th grade. I'm still looking for a clean copy of it - the original album is out of print, and I'm not interested in the re-recorded version they just did, at least not until I've got a copy of the original. You can stream it from their website, tho', which is good enough for now.)

  • "The MTA" by The Kingston Trio (thanks to the bizarre musical tastes of my mother, I learned to love the KT at a very young age. It's good to know they're still out there playing music, even if none of the original members are still in the group. I hardcore need to rip some KT into iTunes.)