Wednesday, February 22, 2006

happy birthday to my DH!

I'm taking a brief break from studying for chemistry to wish my sweet, sweet wonderful husband a happy birthday. He is old, but I don't care. He is faboo, and I would be totally lost without him.

Like right now, he is heating up leftovers for our dinner (yes, we are eating dinner at midnight. Don't ask). Without him, I would have maybe popped a large bowl of popcorn and had that for dinner instead. Or, more likely, I'd have just gone to bed hungry.

Too bad I don't have a birthday present for him yet, nor did I do anything nice for him today. I am a bad spouse. But but but... this is just a bad week to have a birthday. I am home fairly rarely during the week, and this week even less so because of that damn test. I was at school from 9:15 this morning until 5 p.m., and then went back to school from 6:45 to 8:30 for a chemistry review session. I'm going to try to do a bit more studying, I guess while I eat dinner, and then crash as early as possible, because tomorrow is going to be a long, long day.

Point is, I've gotta think of something cool to do for him this weekend - suggestions welcome! I was thinking of maybe our usual birthday tradition of a nice dinner out somewhere... I had a gift in mind for him, too, at one point, but my mind is so fried right now, I can't remember what it was (so suggestions are welcome there, too). And now, dinner is ready, so I've gotta get back to the books.