Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm a weiner!

So, not only did I end up winning the Lake Effect fantasy hockey league this year, but also - remember that nerdy chemistry contest thing I told y'all about a few weeks ago? I won the grand prize drawing for that! No, really! It was too funny - I didn't attend the prize-drawing ceremony because I was elsewhere in the building at the time, studying madly for my last organic chem test of the semester before our final exam (which is this Thursday, May 4th - wish me luck, I'll need it!).

So, instead of the 3rd-place prize I wanted, which consisted of an SU chemistry department T-shirt and some gift certificates to some Marshall St. restaurants, I got the big gift basket containing: a woven SU throw, a chemistry department mug, some keychains and junk from the SU alumni office, two Syracuse Stage tickets, a gift certificate to the restaurant that's in the University Sheraton, and a Jim Boeheim Basketball Hall of Fame commemorative plate. I shit you not. What the hell am I going to do with a Jim Boeheim commemorative plate??

Pictures of this bounty, and a brief post-mortem on the fantasy hockey season (not that anyone but me cares about that), will be coming soon. Soon, like, after my exams are all over - which will be by May 10th at the very latest. I promise.