Wednesday, June 07, 2006

an ode to bacon

Why is bacon so astoundingly tasty? What exactly is it about that particular part of pig flesh that is so, so good? I am completely and totally unable to resist the lure of bacon.

I'm not the only one who has been in thrall to the wonderful strips of meat lately. See here what Keith Knight has to say about bacon.

I keep contemplating going vegetarian (for health and ethical, tho' not religious, reasons), but bacon is the one thing I know I could never, ever give up.

Luckily, R. Stevens from Diesel Sweeties has come up with a solution: become a baco-vegetarian! Because it is a universal truth that bacon is a vegetable - it's printed on a t-shirt, so it must be true.

(Diesel Sweeties also features the Yarncore shirt, which I must own - actually, I must own about half the shirts they offer. But the Yarncore one totally sealed the deal. And hey, speaking of knit-and-webcomic-related merch, check out the tote bag I just bought from nataliedee.com! Hee!)