Thursday, July 20, 2006

1-0-0

Happy 100 posts to me!!! Whew. Finally. Sorry to leave you guys hanging like that. I thought I'd have this whole blog re-do finished well before now, but I definitely underestimated how much crap I still had to coordinate and fix up. But before I get into all that, here's what happened with Jeffistopheles & spookypoop:

Craigmodius saved the day! Jeff ended up using craigmodius's tux (craigmodius being the only groomsman who's anywhere close to Jeff's size). It was still obviously too big, but not nearly as conspicuous as I'd feared. So they had an uneven number of bridesmaids to groomsmen, and craig-o got to sit out the wedding in the back row with me and Diesel (who was a groomsman in my wedding - the only one of the Hellmira crew to make it out to Vegas for that event).

Speaking of Diesel, I have two stories about him. One of them needs photographic enhancement, however, and I can't seem to find the picture I want to show you right now, so those stories will have to wait. I know, it's another cliff-hanger for you! Hey, I gotta keep y'all tuning in somehow. ;)

So this is the new look of the blog. Whaddya think? Please do let me know. Test it out, look at it in different browsers, click on stuff, make sure I didn't break anything. Is it too bright? Are any of the colors hard to read? Do you like the new logo? Of all the stuff that held up the relaunch, the colors and the logo were the most time-consuming to work out - so if they suck, let me know now, so I can get all this fiddling around mess behind me. The best feature of this new layout is that it should - should - render correctly in IE (except for like, IE 4.5 for the Mac. But I expect very, very few people still use that). If not, you'll see a lot more of me banging around and tinkering under the hood in the next few days.

I thought I'd be able to post the new code while I was in St. Louis last week, but I ended up having far less internet time there than I had planned. What was I doing in St. Louis, you ask? Well, there was a conference of law librarians there where the DH thought he might be able to find a job. I'd never been to St. Louis, so I tagged along to help with the driving. St. Louis is actually pretty cool - there's tons of stuff to do there. Before we left, I sought out advice from Diana on what to do and where to go, since she knows the town well. We didn't even get to half the fun stuff on her list, and we found a whole nother bunch of things to check out on our own. I could easily have spent another week there. I didn't even make it to a single yarn store on that trip! Not a one! What kind of pathetic knitter am I?? At least I managed to start a new project during the long car ride - one that I know for sure I'll finish, because it's a pair of socks, and if there's one thing I like to knit, it's socks. After feeling stuck with the two scarves (both 60 stitches wide) I've been plugging away on for so long, it's so nice to have a small project that I actually want to work on. Knitting is my hobby, fer chrissake, it shouldn't feel like a chore.

I would like nothing better than to show y'all progress pics, but it is so, so late and I am tired. I just wanted to get this one post up here before I went to bed so the wondering about the tux wouldn't eat people's brains. Now that this layout tussle is (I hope) behind me, I should be back to posting more often.