Friday, July 28, 2006

a geeky Where's George update

I have a ton of tabs open in my browser with recent WG hits I wanted to post. I've had a few really interesting ones in the past few weeks.

  • My 3rd hit in Mississippi (and my first hit there in quite some time!) - interestingly enough, it went through Branson, MO, which is like Disneyland for rednecks.

  • This one took a year and 118 days to get its first hit, but only 15 hours to get its second hit. It was probably sitting in a bank or something for that first year...

  • Stripper grandma???

  • A new county for me in Kansas, from a bill I spent on that recent trip to St. Louis. This one also went through Branson, MO.

  • This one isn't even one of my bills - it's a bill my friend gorontastic found and entered. I highly encourage all of you to enter any WG bills you find - you will make someone's day, I promise you.

  • A new county in Vermont, on a bill I spent at Bonnaroo. It has been interesting where those Bonnaroo bills have ended up.

  • Bean went to Alaska recently, so I gave her a bunch of bills to spend up there for me. I've gotten two hits so far: this one and this one.

  • This little guy is going on a tour of American monuments this summer.

  • A 3-year, 42-day + sleeper awakes in Ohio.

  • Another one with over a year to its first hit, then with its second hit within days. I seem to be getting more of these lately. I have never heard of Mighty Taco, btw.

  • My most interesting recent hit - a grape ape - my second hit in Iraq. I spent it here in Syracuse, so I bet it went over with a soldier from Fort Drum.

Well, that's it for the time being. The only other WG news I have for the time being is that the 3rd Annual Dr. Ask BBQ is on August 19th, and I am hoping to go, but who knows if we will be able to swing it this year? I feel like there is no way we can plan that far ahead at this point. Craziness.