Wednesday, September 20, 2006

like that song by Cracker goes...

..."Happy, happy birthday to me..."

Well, I had a pretty good birthday today. I had to spend most of it studying or working my butt off in class (I have a physics test in the morning and a biochem test on Friday)... but I suppose it could have been worse.

I got more good mail today than usual (both virtual and otherwise) - thanks to everyone who sent birthday greetings! My DH cooked me an awesome dinner (scallops broiled to perfection... mashed potatoes... mmmmmmmm...). I actually managed to find an outfit to wear that was not only comfortable but also made me look cute (quite a feat these days!). The weather was completely crack-headed - horizontal sheets of rain, then literally 10 minutes later bright and sunny like the sun had been shining all day, then more rain, then more sun. It was seriously ridiculous. But! It didn't once rain on the nice suede sneakers I wore. Yay!

Alas, I have to put off the rest of my physics studying and go to bed now because I am so tired. It wouldn't do me any good to be completely prepared for the test if I end up sleeping through it, right? I know I haven't posted a proper blog in ages. I am dying to post and it's driving me nuts that I just don't have the time right now. I will construct my weekend so I'll have some time this Friday or Saturday to fill y'all in on what's new with me. I have big news which I am just bursting to share! I will make the time to post even if it kills me.

And now I must retire, for I am an old and decrepit woman now. Listen! Soon I will be so old you'll be able to hear me creaking.