Monday, February 12, 2007

clearing the cobwebs

I've spent some time in the past few days deleting old files off my webspace to make more space for this blog to expand. I managed to free up about 4MB! Kinda sad that I had that much crap just hanging out on my server, huh?

I just went through and did a quick revision of my template, to reflect the fact that I've moved, in addition to my usual updates. The biggest change I made was to add a blogroll for all my links to friends' sites. It looks a little weird to me right now - I still need to mess with the formatting a bit, I suppose, to make it match the rest of the site. But it's great because it'll display the links randomly. Hooray for no-particular-order! I thought about doing alphabetical, but that's so boring.

Anyway, my motivation for doing all this messing about is that I have a project I want to try. I want to try to post a picture, if not every day, then at least every couple days, for this whole year. Since I didn't get the idea until late January (courtesy a friend of my friend Sam), and I only recently got my new external hard drive so I can actually download photos from my camera again, I'm a little late getting started here - so I'm planning to post two pictures a day until I am all caught up.

Now remember - I declared 2007 the Year of Lowered Expectations. That means there is no way I'm actually going to pull this off. But it is something I've been meaning to try for a while now, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

And now, without further ado, here's the first picture I have for you:

a better view from our front window

The view from our front window on a typical sunny South Florida day.