Friday, February 16, 2007

learned my lesson

Ok, we're going to see Rhett Miller at Studio A tonight (woohoo!), so I'm posting today's pics now - if I get any good pics at the show, I'll post them tomorrow. Also, check out the Rhett Miller interview in this week's Miami New Times.

Ok, so I made my wristbands from that Joann's yarn I got on Tuesday. Oh, had I been dying to knit! I swatched and played around wtih needle sizes last night, and I finished 'em up today. Here's what I came up with:

wristband one!

wristband two!

I did the top one on size 11 needles, knit flat in stockinette and then sewed into a tube shape. I did the bottom one in the round on 10.5 dpns in k1, p1 rib. I like the look of the stockinette one better, but the ribbed one does fit more snugly, and is therefore warmer (this is key because it's actually cold in here today - only 58 degrees outside, and remember, we don't have heat! It's 65 indoors here right now, and that's usually about how cold our apartment stayed in Syracuse in the winter with the heat cranked up!)

Since those two pics are so boring, here's a bonus pic which I took on this day last year:
Syracuse University, 2/16/2006
the main quad, Syracuse University, 2/16/2006

Oddly enough, it is just as grey here today as it is in that pic. In Syracuse today, however, it is probably still all completely white.