Tuesday, February 13, 2007

today's goodies

So here is what I got today in my amazon.com package, and from my nearest Joann Fabrics, which I just located this morning:

goodies!

The yarn is from Joann's. I know I live in the land of heat and no knitting now, but I had to get this. Not only was it 75% off the already-reduced clearance price, but also I saw it, and I immediately thought "wristwarmers." I knew it had to be mine. I'm gonna knit that baby up nice and loose on some slightly-too-big needles, and the finished product will rule my world. Can you tell I've really missed knitting this past month or so?

And for today's second picture, an update on how my hair is growing back in:

bad 80's hair

Look! It's bad 80's hair!! AKA what happens when I step out of the shower and just let it air dry without combing it down or anything! Yeah, I'm thinking of shaving it all off again. I can't wait until it grows out of this phase.

So, the other exciting news from today: the police called. They found The Grey Baron! We're going to pick him up in the morning. It's going to cost us $124 to get him back from the towing place, as long as we make it there before 9 a.m. (they open at 8:30). So we've gotta go to bed now, or it'll cost us an additional $54. Yeah, really. We're contemplating just telling the towing place to keep him.