Wednesday, March 14, 2007

and now, introducing...

Johnny & Liz are proud to present

the newest addition to our family:


Our new baby boy!
and now, introducing...
A 2007 MINI Cooper in Astro Black with sunroof and chrome trim!

Birthday: March 10, 2007
Length: 145.6 inches
Weight: 2634 pounds (give or take)


He doesn't have a name yet. Johnny thinks I'm nuts because I want to name the car, but of course he has to have a name! He's our baby! And he's Lucy's little brother!

I think Bertram would be a great name. I looked it up today and discovered it means "bright, famous raven," which is rather appropriate, given his color. Unless Johnny comes up with something better sometime soon, Bertram is going to stick. Of course, I welcome any suggestions y'all might have.

Wanna see some more pictures of him??

our new baby

Shiny chrome trim!
chrome trim!

His bonnet badge!
the hood logo

They've even got the logo on the taillights:
taillight

The funky new dashboard:
the dashboard

Push-button start! It's wacky!
push-button start

That new gas gauge is so cool-looking:
look at the gas gauge!

I could go on, but I'll spare you. Hit up the Flickr if you really want to see all the baby pictures.

Suffice it to say...
Johnny with his new wheels
Johnny is a proud new dad!

So where's the first place we took him, right off the lot? The 24-Hour Taco Shop, of course!
baby's first tacos

Now, I am not making this up...
peeking over the bushes
Johnny chose a corner table by the window so we could watch him while we ate. And he thinks I'm weird for wanting to name the car? He is so clearly in love with this vehicle.

Ok, two more car-related pics and I promise I'm done. Look at the funky new key:
the funky new key
Pretty crazy, huh? Note the nice key chain Lauderdale MINI gave us, as well.

We also each got to pick out one thing from their stash of MINI paraphernalia. I'd already bought a shirt when we first visited the dealership a couple weeks ago, and Johnny couldn't find anything he liked in his size, so we chose mugs:
MINI mugs
That's a kind of crappy picture, but you get the idea. For the record, I was pretty pleased with the whole buying process at Lauderdale MINI. They were friendly and pleasant every time we visited, and they made us feel welcome there. If you're in this area and looking for a new car, you could do worse than to pay them a visit.