Friday, March 09, 2007

a bizarre late-nite craving...

I don't know what it is, but all of a sudden I am dying for some Buffalo wings!!!

Why oh why do we have to live so far away from this place now??

The Anchor Bar, Buffalo, NY

(In case you don't recognize it, that's the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, where Buffalo wings were invented.)

There is a place here, actually quite close to us, called Wings 'n Curls, which allegedly has good chicken wings. I wouldn't know, since the one time we tried to go there, we arrived at 9:30 (they close at 10 - pathetic, for a wings place) and were told we would not be seated and that they were only accepting take-out orders at that point. Since the whole reason we went out to eat that day was to go out and sit down somewhere, we went elsewhere. I know it's kind of rude to walk into a restaurant half-an-hour before closing time, and we definitely don't make a habit of doing that, but still. Their reception could have been more pleasant. Anyway, if I'm ever craving chicken wings at a more reasonable hour and make it over there while they're still willing to serve me, I'll let you know how that place is.

In the meantime, I'll just be here, missing the delicacies of the New York rust belt...