Monday, May 07, 2007

greetings from Canada!

O, Canada!

Hey, y'all! We're having a really good time here in Ottawa. I wish we could stay for a few more days, because there's so much to do - I feel like we'll barely get the chance to scratch the surface before we'll have to go home on Wednesday.

The weather has been gorgeous - beautifully sunny, but still early-spring cool - really, just about perfect, as far as I'm concerned. This is the kind of weather I most miss, living in Florida (well, this and snowfall).

So far, I've managed to accomplish two of the four main goals I set out before I left home: I've entered a bunch of bills on Where's Willy (and spent most of them, too - man, that exchange rate is a killer right now), and today I had lunch with my Canadian bureaucrat pen pal! I've also made arrangements with Mini Ottawa East to pick up the extra-special, non-US parts for Lucy tomorrow, so barring some sort of disaster, I'll be able to cross that objective off my list, too.

That just leaves a bunch of postcards for me to send... and I bought a bunch of stamps today, so I'm pretty much set, there, too. Now I just need the time to sit down and write 'em. If you want to receive one, it's not too late - since it turns out I can check my e-mail from our room, I'll watch my Gmail account for requests until 11pm Tuesday night (May 8th).

Well, I'm off to bed now - I'm beat. Wandering around a city having fun is really exhausting, y'know?

Labels: ,