Wednesday, May 02, 2007

omg y'all...

$3.15-$3.45

Gas is getting pretty expensive here! Lucy is a fuel-efficient little car, but she (like all Minis) takes 91 octane gas, so it's still not really cheap to fill her up. Luckily, I'm not doing much driving these days, so a tank of gas lasts me forever. I will say this for her little brother Bertie - Lucy's MPG is good, but his is significantly better! Johnny is saving a lot of money on his commute, even paying for higher grade gasoline, because he's not driving such a gas-guzzler anymore. It's also good to know that we won't have to pay too much for fuel on the big cross-country road trip Johnny wants to take this October when we go out to California for KP's wedding.

Poor Bertie's issues have not been fixed yet, tho', but he's driving just fine. They got the new fuel pump for him at the service place, but they told Johnny not to bother bringing him in yet, since the fuel pump didn't seem to be fixing the problem for other people. As I mentioned, his "check engine" light did come on once since we got him back, but it went off again on its own, and it's been off for over a week now. Curiouser and curiouser. Muffy (hi, Muffy! I'm glad Meg introduced us) seems to be having the same problem with her little Percy, I am sorry to say... I hope Mini can sort this all out soon. In the meantime, we're becoming quite familiar with the good folks at Lauderdale Mini's service department. They're really, really nice, but honestly, if we had the choice, I think we'd prefer not to get to know them so well, y'know?

Labels: