Thursday, May 03, 2007

O is for Ottawa

Saturday we will be leaving here bright and early and heading to Ottawa, Canada! I'm so excited - I have never been to Ottawa, and it's been ages since I last visited Canada.

We're going there because Johnny is attending this conference, and I am tagging along just for fun. Any excuse to travel! No, I can't really afford it at this point (I got my credit card bill today and it nearly gave me a heart attack), but at least Johnny's job is paying for the hotel (and his meals), so all I have to cover is airfare (and my meals). It'll be fine as long as I am frugal this summer.

I have four main goals I hope to accomplish on this trip:
1) Enter lots of bills on Where's Willy and a few on Where's George, too. I have been sprucing up my Where's Willy profile in preparation for my increased Willying activity. :)
ii) Meet my Canadian pen pal, with whom I have been corresponding for... cripes, it's been like, 10 years now! And we've still never met!
c) Get a Euro parcel shelf for Lucy from the Ottawa Mini dealer, since the parts are no longer available in the US.
4) Send out a ton of postcards! If you'd like one, just send your address to me at username: spitesprite on Gmail. Our hotel does offer wireless internet access, but from the description online, it sounds like it may only be available in the hotel's business center - so I may only be checking my e-mail once a day instead of my usual every-few-hours. Let's say, in order to make sure I have time to get the postcards written, stamped, and mailed, that you should get your address to me no later than noon EDT on Monday, May 7th. After that, no guarantees (well, no guarantees before that, either, really... but I'll do my best).

Saturday is also going to be exciting because it's 24 hours of Flickr day! I'm planning to participate - with any luck, I'll be able to get some interesting travel pictures to post. I'm also hoping, since I have to be up crazy early that day anyway, I can sneak down to the beach and catch some sunrise pics before we head to the airport. Whatever I end up getting pictures of that day, y'all will be able to see it on my Flickr as soon as I am able to post it.

So... anyone know any fun things to do in Ottawa?

Labels: ,