Sunday, February 03, 2008

Giants win! Giants win!

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Beantown — mighty Brady has... uhm... failed to throw a pass his teammates could catch in the last crucial minute of the Superbowl.


Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? ;)

Anyway, most of the time, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Superbowl... but this year, I decided to root for the Giants, because I loves me an underdog, and I'm also sick and tired of hearing about the damn Patriots, already. Most of my family was rooting for the Pats. No particular reason - I think my uncle was just keen to see someone get a perfect season, and my mom thinks Tom Brady is *cute * (bleah). So we had a little bit of a sofa-spanning rivalry going on.

Most of the game was pretty boring, but I was mostly ignoring it, looking up only for the commercials (which were also pretty boring this year, no?). I spent the evening sorting through Nana's unused greeting cards - I carted a whole book-box full of them out of her place, and in the end, I only took a handful for myself. Unsurprisingly, most of them were a bit too old-lady for my tastes. Anyway, I didn't really watch the game until the 4th period. It got pretty exciting there right toward the end! Needless to say, I was pretty pleased when that guy (#17, whoever he is) caught that touchdown pass. Beautiful - textbook-perfect - I pretty much hate football, but that was a thing to behold.

Now I'm just wishing I'd put some money down on this... I could've made a buck or two!

Labels: , ,