Saturday, February 16, 2008

I totally called that one

Panthers won, 4-2.

I was almost afraid, about mid-way through, that I had jinxed it by forgetting to not root for the Panthers and root for the Caps instead. (Hey, it is really pretty hard to root against the home team when you're at a sporting event, and everyone around you is rooting for them, and you know every player on the team, and even have dumb nicknames for most of them, but you don't know all the players on the opposing team, so even tho' you'd like to get all excited about them, you just can't. I'm just sayin'.) But the Cats managed to pull out a win, and my streak of only seeing them win home games when I root for the visiting team continues.

They're playing Carolina tonight, and I'll be rooting for the 'Canes, of course, but that's not a home game, so I have no idea how the Panthers will do. Brind'amour's out for the rest of the season, tho' (the bitch - where am I going to find another center for my fantasy team at this point in the season, dammit?), so that definitely puts the Hurricanes at a bit of a disadvantage. It'll probably be an interesting game, one way or the other.

Labels: , ,