Tuesday, February 26, 2008

who the hell am I going to vote for?

Well, the short answer to that is that I'm going to vote for whoever the Democrats put up this year... but I really thought I'd be more excited about voting for either the first viable female candidate for president or the first viable mixed-race candidate. I am pretty pleased that it's definitely going to be one or the other this time, but I have serious reservations about both Hillary and Barack. (Briefly, I think Clinton would be plenty competent, but I'm still annoyed by her refusal to admit that voting for the whole Iraq thing was a mistake, and she is a little too business-as-usual Beltway-insider standard-politician for me. Plus, her term would be marked by a lot of bitter, counterproductive personal attacks on her and her husband, because some people just hate them, period, and I just don't want to have to watch that shit. As for Obama, I think his idealism is refreshing, but I also think that it will be very disappointing for him and his supporters when he can't deliver on all the great shit he has promised. Some people will turn on him when that happens, and I don't want to watch that, either. So.)

Policy-wise, I know I'm a Kucinich girl at heart, but since he dropped out (and even if he hadn't, he still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell, I know that), who should I support?

Vote Chooser has a quick little 10-question quiz, which told me my views are most similar to Obama's. But Glassbooth.org's more in-depth quiz says my views are 88% similar to Mike Gravel's (which, I mean - is he even still running? Really?), 76% similar to Clinton's, and only 73% similar to Obama's.

So I suppose I'm still going back and forth on which one I'd prefer, between Hillary and Barack. Honestly, though, I know I'll be fine with either of them. A ticket with both of them might be enough to get me really excited come November.

.....

Labels: ,