Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where's George update

Here's a few interesting Where's George hits I've gotten recently:
  • Direct hit from Langerado on a Nana bill.

  • A couple hits recently on bills with long user notes from me - long enough that I can't edit them to note where/when I spent the bill. So I'll say it here: I left this bill (with the long note about Greg's band Opposite Day) as part of the tip at Nellie's in Las Cruces, NM on 10/9/07, and I left this bill (with the long note about getting it either in the Orlando airport, or at BankAtlantic Center during a Panthers game) as part of the tip at The Pizza Loft in Davie on 3/13.

  • One of the bills I gave to Bill Plympton at FLIFF last year got a hit! Woohoo!

  • I love that I got this bill from one local skating rink and spent it two days later at another one. :)

  • I'd really like to know how this bill, which I gave to T<-> S<-> during our 3/15 scrimmage with the ALWSRN and which she presumably put into the vending machine at < - >, made it to Massachusetts in 9 days. Wow.

  • I spent this one at the 6/21/07 Squirrel Nut Zippers show at Toad's Place, Richmond - the grand opening show for that venue. I didn't know it was going to be the venue's grand opening - I discovered that when I showed up and picked up my ticket from Will Call. They had a free buffet of finger food, which was pretty cool, but they didn't have their liquor license yet. The bartenders seemed a little bit pissed off that they weren't going to be making nearly as much as they could have in tips that night. The Zippers were good, but the big discovery of the show, for me, was opening band The Old Ceremony. They opened the show with the song "Poison Pen" (which is a critique of America's obsession with Manifest Destiny in 4-minute pop song format, complete with a vibes solo!), and I was pretty much sold from there on out. I got their second album, Our One Mistake, at the merch table, and it's fantastic. Still need to get their first album. Wow - see the stories one little WG hit can dig up? I love this hobby. Also of note: this hit's from a Georger with a profile, and her profile is classic:
    I count money in a retail establishment, and that is how I find these bills. It is like a game for me now!! Obviously I have no life.
    LOL!

  • This hit's not all that exciting - I'm just trying to figure out why the user favorited it. They make mention of my multi-colored stamp - that's qoo. Also, I've spent a lot of bills at our local Paciugo recently, so I hope this bodes well for me getting hits on them. Oh, dang, now I want gelato. Mmmmm, gelato.

Well, the only other WG news I have to report is that I finally re-upped my FOG (which I meant to do back on my Georgiversary, but kept forgetting to do), and I learned that, back in January, the price went up to $7 a month! Ouch. That's $84 a year, up from $72. I didn't consider not paying it, but I do wonder how long it'll be before FOG does get more expensive than I can afford. That will be a sad, sad day. But seeing as how FOG stayed at $6/a month for, oh, 7 years or so, I don't anticipate it coming anytime soon.

.....

Labels: