Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy new 2000-what? Rarr bleah stumble *crash*

Seriously, it's 2009 already? I... am so out of it. Like, wow. Being sick out of my mind right now is not helping things any, I guess.

So new year's resolutions are a crock of shit, but anyway, here are some things I really would like to get done this year.
    Blah Blah Blah Resolution-Cakes

  • Post and caption my gigantic backlog of pictures. And when I say GIGANTIC backlog, I am not kidding. I want 2009 to be my year of the photo.

  • Clean up this god damn dump of a blog. Maybe I'll actually use it more if I finally fix my template and all.

  • Get rid of a bunch of stuff. Particularly old clothes I don't/can't wear anymore. I can't find anything to wear half the time because our bedroom is such a huge mess, and it's really driving me crazy. Well, crazier.

  • Buy a house and pack up and move into it. But first we have to figure out if Johnny's going to law school, and if so, where; or if he's getting a new job, in which case we won't be moving very far. I have no control over either of those things, tho', so I'm kind of spinning my wheels on this one (except for the packing part - gotta start on that the minute we get home - no matter what happens, we won't be in our apartment for too much longer).

  • Somewhat corollary to the last point, we've got this big list of stuff we need to do in South Florida before we leave, if it turns out we will, in fact, be leaving. I'll probably post that list somewhere so we can keep track of it, and so other people can suggest things we may have forgotten or overlooked.

  • NaNoWriMo. I'm gonna plan for it this year, goddammit! This stupid story has been percolating in my head since 2006, fer cryin' out loud. I need to get it out and be done with it.

  • I should probably get around to learning to play bridge, since I didn't do that this past year.

That is all. Happy new year, all three of you who will ever read this! :) Now I'm gonna go stuff tissues up my nose in a vain attempt to stem the never-ending tide of mucus that has been snaking down my upper lip for the past 3 hours or so. Ugh.

.....

Labels: , ,