Wednesday, January 07, 2009

two years in effing paradise

Two years ago today, I finally pulled up in front of this building, Lucy crammed full of boxes and stuff. That was it. Voila, I'd made it, I was now a resident of the Sunshine State.

It's simultaneously hard to believe it's already been two years, and hard to believe it's only been two years. Part of me still feels like I just got here, but part of me feels like I've been here forever. I guess the latter feeling is due mostly to how much has happened in those two years - it's amazing how much can happen in such a short time.

On the whole, I really have enjoyed living here a lot more than I thought I would. Enough so that, when it looked like we would be leaving the area by this summer, I was actually kinda bummed (tho' also rather excited at the prospect of living somewhere with four seasons, again, and being able to get my winter clothes out of storage). And now that it is entirely up in the air as to whether or not we'll be moving away at some point this year (we'll definitely be moving, but it may only be as far as Miami-Dade - long story, full of details and variables that rely on as-yet-unknown facts - I'll post something when we know anything, but until then, there's not much point), I am kinda glad there's a distinct possibility we may be staying. I'm sure that's at least somewhat due to my marked distaste for moving, but there's also the fact that, aside from the wretched weather and horrific traffic, this area has a lot to recommend itself. I've been meaning to post about a lot of those things... maybe this year I'll actually get around to doing that. Maybe I should join one of those meme things, like Things I Love Thursday - maybe that'll motivate me to post more often about actual things of substance, as opposed to my usual inane babbling. Eh, we'll see.

.....

Labels: ,